Mario, Nintendo’s iconic mascot, is a central character in the Super Smash Bros. series. He first appeared in the game “Donkey Kong” in 1981 and has since become one of the most recognizable and beloved characters in the world of video games.
Appearance: In Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Mario retains his classic appearance with his red cap, mustache, and blue overalls. His design is a homage to his iconic look from various Super Mario games.
Abilities and Fighting Style: Mario is an all-around balanced character in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. His moveset incorporates a mix of punches, kicks, and special attacks inspired by his abilities in Super Mario games. Mario is known for his versatility, making him accessible to both beginners and experienced players.
- Neutral Special – Fireball:
- Mario throws a fireball that travels horizontally, damaging opponents in its path.
- Side Special – Cape:
- Mario uses his cape to reflect projectiles and turn opponents around.
- Up Special – Super Jump Punch:
- A powerful uppercut that propels Mario into the air, dealing damage to opponents.
- Down Special – F.L.U.D.D.:
- Mario uses the F.L.U.D.D. (Flash Liquidizer Ultra Dousing Device) to spray water. It can push opponents away and disrupt their recovery.
Final Smash – Mario Finale: Mario’s Final Smash involves unleashing a barrage of fireballs in front of him, dealing massive damage to any opponents caught in the attack.
In-Game Unlocking: Mario is one of the starting characters in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, requiring no unlocking. Players can immediately play as Mario when they start the game.
Trophies and Spirits: Mario has associated trophies and spirits in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. These collectibles provide additional information about Mario’s history and various poses or scenes from his games.
Crossover Gameplay: Mario is a central figure in the crossover gameplay of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Players can pit Mario against characters from different Nintendo franchises and other third-party games, showcasing the diverse and expansive nature of the Super Smash Bros. series.