In Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Battlefield refers to a specific stage that has become a staple in the series. It is a versatile and iconic stage known for its simple layout and three floating platforms arranged in a triangular pattern. Here are some key aspects of Battlefield in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate:
- Stage Design:
- Battlefield features a flat main platform and three smaller platforms floating above it in a triangular formation. The stage is set against a backdrop that changes depending on the franchise of the characters in the match.
- The stage’s design makes it suitable for a wide range of characters and playstyles. The platforms offer additional opportunities for movement, recovery, and strategic positioning during battles.
- Battlefield is a standard stage available in most game modes, including multiplayer battles, tournaments, and the game’s single-player modes.
- Like other stages in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Battlefield features a variety of music tracks from different game franchises. Players can choose their preferred background music for the stage.
- Omega and Battlefield Forms:
- In addition to the standard Battlefield stage, players can also select Omega and Battlefield forms of other stages. These versions maintain the layout of the chosen stage but have a flat, hazard-free surface similar to Final Destination. This allows players to enjoy the aesthetic of their favorite stages while keeping a straightforward playing field.
- Battlefield is commonly used in competitive tournaments due to its balanced design and the absence of stage hazards. It provides a fair and neutral battleground for players to showcase their skills.
- Crossover Gameplay:
- Battlefield is part of the diverse collection of stages in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, contributing to the game’s crossover appeal by featuring elements from various Nintendo franchises.
Overall, Battlefield is a well-regarded stage in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, appreciated for its simplicity, adaptability, and role in providing a fair and enjoyable competitive environment.